The Ecuadorean festival held in Minneapolis has witnessed a large number of people suffering from food poisoning. Over 81 people who has eaten guinea pig has suffered from food poisoning.
The dish is not commonly seen in the States. According to CBS Minnesota, it is confirmed that the 81 affected were detected with salmonella poisoning.
The salmonella poisoning is commonly seen in patients who do not maintain kitchen hygiene. For the same reason, it is expected that the festival host one Nieves Riera might face charges of providing unhygienic food.
The event was held on August 11 at the New York Plaza Produce store on East Lake Street.
It is estimated that over a 142,000 people suffer from salmonella poisoning every year in the United States among which 30 people die.