Have you heard of the Lyme disease? If you have then think deeply about it as it can turn out to be pretty dangerous and life threatening at times. Recent study shows that this disease has become a part of life for everyone in the Rhode Island. It is said that almost every single person in this region has been affected with this tick borne infection. There are 5 important facts which must be known about the disease. They are as follows:-
- Rhode islanders report it publicly: – a study shows that about 800 islanders report of having the Lyme disease every year out of which around six to eight times it is publicly reported. The U.S centres for disease control and prevention website showcases a recent study report which displays that the Rhode Island is a much safe place for Lyme disease. However many are shocked by this as compared to Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Weather condition also matters: – Thomas Mather who is the director at the university Rhode’s island for vector borne diseases has also said that temperature may also affect the population of deer-tick. This may involve temperature issues or even rainfall.
- A clinical study has also shockingly brought out that most of the patients of the Lyme disease clinics don’t have a Lyme disease.
- Another medical news reveals that the health director Michael D. has also been affected by Lyme disease around three times which is pretty shocking in itself.
- Some say that it is really possible to prevent such tick bites and according to Mather treating your clothes with insecticide permethrin can successfully help you avoid Lyme disease.
There are many other news reports on the internet which will further provide you knowledge about the disease.