Welcome to States Chronicle, an online news media outlet owned and operated by The States Chronicle News Company (henceforth referred to as “we”, “our”, “us”, “the company”, “the site” or “the website”) and its subsidiaries. In this page, you will find all the information regarding the terms and conditions governing your use of the products that The States Chronicle News Company offers (including but not limited to: the website, the mobile application, affiliated pages, API’s, widgets, etc.- collectively referred to as “Services”).
The present Terms of Service agreement applies to all visitors of the website (registered or not), regardless of any technology they may be using to access the Services (personal computer, smartphone, mobile device or any other device developed hereafter). PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PRESENT AGREEMENT ONLY ADDRESSES THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE STATES CHRONICLE NEWS COMPANY AND DOES NOT COVER OTHER SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE BY THIRD PARTIES OR OTHER COMPANIES.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE REPRESENTS A BINDING AGREEMENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED TO UPHOLD THE RULES AND REGULATIONS AS THEY ARE HEREIN STATED. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WEBSITE- THE ONLY REMEDY TO YOUR DISATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE IS DISCONTINUING THE USE OF THE SERVICES.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE STATES CHRONICLE AND ALL OF ITS SERVICES ARE DESIGNED FOR USERS OVER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE NOT YET 13 YEARS OLD, PLEASE DO NOT ACCESS THE SERVICES.
1. Term of the Agreement
This Terms of Service represents a legally binding agreement between you and The States Chronicle News Company. It is enforceable upon your use of the website (with exception, the first time you access the website and read the Terms of Service). Your continued use of the website represents your agreement to uphold the rules and regulations set forth in this TOS. If, at any time, you choose to terminate your use of the Services, your registration or if we decide to suspend, terminate or limit your access to the website, please understand that the terms of service REMAIN ENFORCEABLE AND SURVIVE ANY SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION.
2. Eligibility to use the Services
As stated before, use of the services is limited to US citizens above the age of 13 years. Your use of the services represents a warranty and representation that you have turned 13 and that you are not in violation of any local, state or federal law. Please note that certain features of the Services may involve other age and eligibility requirements.
3. Modifications and Alterations to this Agreement
The States Chronicle News Company reserves the right to modify, alter or delete portions of this agreement at any time and without giving you prior notice. The deletions, additions or modifications will be included in this document (including the date of the most recent alterations). Please return to his agreement regularly to ensure that you are kept abreast of the most recent modifications. Your continued use of the website after such modifications have been posted represents your agreement that you have read and pledged to abide by the changes.
4. Website Use
Your use of the Services is destined to be for educational, informational, personal, non-assignable, non-transferable purposes. When using the website and all of the services provided by The States Chronicle News Company, you agree that you are not in violation of any local, state or federal law, including copyright laws. You are allowed, for your personal use, to copy, download or print PORTIONS of the content found on The States Chronicle. In such a case, you acknowledge that you are NOT the owner of the material and that you are not acquiring any ownership rights. However, except when expressly permitted in this agreement or after obtaining a written consent form from us, you may not publish, print, distribute, use, reproduce, copy, create derivative works based upon, display, transmit, sell, perform, publish or exploit the materials and content found on the Website or the Services.
You are also prohibited from:
- Removing, covering, erasing, distorting, or altering any trademark, copyright or similar proprietary rights notices from the Website, Services or Content;
- Interfering with the proper workings, circumvent, disturb or disable the features of the website;
- Using manual procedures or automatic software (such as spiders or robots) to “scrape” the content found on the States Chronicle Services for any purpose. Notwithstanding the aforementioned, we do grant such rights to public search engine operators who use such devices in their attempts of creating searchable indexes of the content to make available to the public.
- Harassing other users or solicit them to join organizations or become members of online societies;
- Collecting, use or steal personally identifiable information from the Services;
- Using reverse-engineering procedures, disassemble or decompile any portions of the Services;
- Conducting yourself in any way that violates US laws;
- Encouraging conduct that violates local, state or federal legislation;
- Impersonating other users, people or entities;
- By your actions or conduct, inhibiting other users;
You hereby agree to actively take part and cooperate with any investigation of suspected or actual activity that is in breach of this agreement.
5. Website Content and Proprietary Rights
The States Chronicle News Company provides a variety of materials via the Website and its Services, including articles, texts, news stories, images, graphics, illustrations, photographs, sound clips, video clips, presentations, logos, graphics and additional materials. Together with the website feel, the design, theme, computer code, data, user interfaces, information, visual interfaces, artworks, visual content, and software, this is collectively known as the “Website Content”. We and our affiliates and subsidiaries are the sole owners of the Website content, the right, title and interest in the services and content.
6. User Registration
Although the website services are offered free of charge, subscribing or registering to the website may provide users with additional features or functions. Registering for such Services will require users to provide unique identification information such as a user name and a password. Please make sure to not share this information with other people, as you are solely responsible for the activity stemming from our account. Additionally, you may be required to provide supplemental information such as email address, legal name, birth date, country of residence, or zip code. You represent and warrant that all this information submitted is accurate and truthful. Additionally, you agree to regularly update this information.
7. User Generated Content and User Conduct
The States Chronicle News Company allows its users to interact with one and other and share opinions and viewpoints via its services. With this in mind, please remember that The States Chronicle does NOT monitor or edit the contributions and content submitted via its comments sections and public forums. Be courteous and treat others as you would like to be treated. Your conduct should not make the Services unenjoyable for other website users.
By user generated conduct, we define all (including but not limited to) materials, texts, information, commentaries, postings, video clips, sound clips, and podcasts. By submitting user content to the Services, you MAY NOT:
- Post materials that are in violation of any law, regulation, proprietary rights, regulations, judicial or government orders, infringe upon copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Submit materials that, by their nature, are fraudulent, libellous, deceptive, defamatory, harmful, threatening, tortious, abusive, invasive of other people’s rights, obscene, sexually explicit or suggestive, profane, vulgar, violent, contains sexual language, is threatening, is racially, ethnically, gender or otherwise objectionable, contains links towards adult websites, promotes racism, promotes bigotry, promotes hatred, or promotes physical harm;
- Encourage or engage in conduct that negatively reflects on the website, the company or the Services;
- Upload or otherwise make available through the services any software or material containing spyware, malware, viruses, works, Trojan horses or other malicious computer code;
- Use the services for advertisement purposes, including but without limitation, barter arrangements, advertising, marketing, foods and services, information exploitation, or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonate other users, people or entities;
- Solicit personal information from other users, solicit passwords for unlawful purposes;
- Engage in flooding, spamming, harvesting or gathering other personal information.
Please understand that The States Chronicle is not responsible for monitoring or editing user submissions. We do reserve the right of modifying, altering or deleting the user generated content we consider inappropriate or in contradiction with the terms and conditions as they are herein stated.
By submitting User Content to the website, you automatically grant us a royalty free, global, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sublicensable, non-exclusive, transferable right and license to use, modify, alter, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, translate, publicly display, transmit, perform, publish or sell the content in whichever way we deem appropriate. We also reserve the right of exercising this license in any format we deem fit, including all later technologies developed henceforth. Additionally, by your submission, you also grant The States Chronicle News Company the right (but not obligation) to use supplemental information, including but not limited to biographical information, geographical position, your name, your surname, or social media account. We may display advertisements in connection with the content you submitted. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you hereby waiver all claims you now have or may have in the future to so called “droit moral” or “moral rights” with respect to your content.
8. Third Party Content and Links
The information, content and materials presented through the Services are offered to you without limitation, for educational, personal and informational purposes alone. As such, you may not rely on the information, opinions, judgements or viewpoints as they are expressed on the website.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR EVALUATING THE ACCURACY, CORECTNESS, TIMELINESS, COMPLETENESS, AND USEFULNESS OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT. THE STATES CHRONICLE NEWS MEDIA IS NOT LIBALE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES RESULTING DUE TO YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY OF THE CONTENT OR SERVICES.
9. Disclaimers and Indemnification
Your use of the website represents an express agreement that you are using the website and the services at your own risk. We provide the website on an “AS AVAILABLE”, “AS IS” basis. We make no warranties, neither express nor implied, that the services and content will suit your expectations as to availability, accuracy, usefulness, security, timeliness, informational content, completeness or correctness. We make no warranties of title, merchantability, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose, warranties for goods or services received previously advertised through or on the website, warranties as to the results that you may obtain after using the website, warranties that our services will be provided in an uninterrupted manner or warranties that errors will not exist or that they will be corrected.
You hereby agree to hold The States Chronicle and all of its directors, affiliates, officers, parents, partners, employees, agents, successors, and subsidiaries harmless, indemnify and defend from all claims of losses, liabilities, injuries, claims, damages, costs, obligations and expenses which arise out of or related to your access of the website (including but without limitation, interactions with user content, your membership, alleged or factual breaches of this Agreement, alleged or actual breaches of warranty or representation that you have made to us, your acts of omission). The States Chronicle does not offer medical, financial, stock market, personal or psychological suggestions and advice. Please consult with expert personnel (your physician, broker, financial representative, psychologist) whenever wishing to make relevant decisions. DO NOT BASE YOUR DECISIONS ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED VIA THE SERVICES. NEITHER THE STATES CHRONICLE NOR ITS INFORMATION PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DECISIONS YOU HAVE MADE BASED ON THE INFORMATION OFFERED TO YOU VIA THE WEBSITE.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we both forego our rights to pursue dispute resolution on a classwide basis. As such, we may neither join a claim together with any other entity or person, nor can we assert a claim as a representative on behalf of anyone else in any lawsuit or similar proceeding. Additionally, we both hereby forego any and all rights to trial by jury in any lawsuit or similar proceeding.
Last Modification 9.06.2015