With a hectic 10 to 6 job hours, working women cannot bare to spend hours in front of mirror applying make-up, styling hair and wandering about clothes. Take a breath and leave your worries as these tips may help you looking stylish in no time at your workplace.
There are many easy and quick hairstyle options for that do not require much fussing over.
Step 1: Know your hair
If you have straight medium length hair, rolled buns will flatter you more than someone with long and curly hair. So try out different options given below to see which style suits you the best. Most of these hairdos will not take more than ten minutes of your time before you rush out to work.
Step 2: Get right equipment for you
You will need a brush, wide and narrow toothed combs, bobby pins, anti-frizz serum if frizz is a recurring problem, hairspray, any other styling product specific to your hair type. Although, putty like substances or cream based products work for most types.
Step 3: Let’s Style
1. Basic Bun: Those with silky hair may think this will not work but if you put in enough bobby pins, and spray your hair in place the bun will hold through the day.
2. Side Parting: This hairstyle goes awesome on many glamorous women.
3. Retro Ribbon: This is the quickest when especially when you need to rush. Simply brush back your hair and put a non satin wide ribbon in a colour that suits you, preferably dark and sophisticated and in tune with the rest of your outfit.
4. Out of Bed: This works the best for curly hair. Wet your palms with a styling cream and apply on the body of damp hair ‘scrunching’ them in your hands. Try to lift your hair as you scrunch thereby adding volume. For a more glamourous effect iron the bangs on the front and twirl the ends with a curling rod.
Go stylish with a leather bags
• Messenger bag: Messenger Bag is made of black canvas and Italian leather, with one main compartment, a large-zipped inner pocket, a large back pocket, pockets for mobile phone, three writing instruments and two credit cards spaces, and an adjustable shoulder strap.
• Laptop case: Laptop Case with detachable shoulder strap is made of black canvas. It is combined with Italian calfskin, with one main compartment, one padded compartment suitable for a laptop, large front pocket, large inner pocket closed by a press-stud, pockets for mobile phone (PDA size), three writing instruments and six credit cards sections, and two comfortable leather handles.
• Document case: Document Case is made of black canvas and is combined with Italian calfskin. It has a large front pocket, a large zipped inner pocket, pockets for mobile phone (iPhone compatible), two writing instruments and two credit cards spaces, a luggage tag, and two comfortable leather handles. It’s spacious and comfortable.
Rules for workplace wardrobe
• Obey the rules: Carry yourself in a wear that suits your personality and obey the office dictates.
• Never show your midriff. Wear shirts of a proper length, and shun pants that ride too low.
• Don’t get too wacky. It’s fine to express your personal style, but keep it refined. Crazy hats, over-the-top makeup, and raucous patterns or colors will make you see too eccentric.
• Too much revelation a big no no. Avoid revealing too much cleavage. Work is definitely not the place for it.
• A few inches above the knee is definitely not the outfit for workplace.
• Keep your straps under wraps. Never let your bra show.
• Don’t wear anything that looks transparent and becomes vulgar. Do proper underpinnings.
• Try not to go too tight.